Additional Legal Services
South Florida Attorney
Have you been arrested? Charged with a criminal offense? Act now to protect your legal rights! Mr. Elkind will provide you with a one on one personal service to get your charges dropped. This includes felonies, misdemeanors, DUI, driving while license suspended, reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident and (non-criminal) traffic tickets.
If you were charged with DUI First Offense, the penalties are:
- Jail Time: Up to 6 months
- Probation: Up to 12 months
- Fine: $500-$1,000 Plus additional court costs
- License Suspension: 6 months (1 to 5 years suspension for the 2nd offense)
- Community Service: 50 hours
- Driving School: Level 1, 12 hours (additional counseling may be ordered)
- Vehicle Impoundment: 10 days for 1st Offense, 30 days for 2nd Offense
- Vehicle Interlock Device: 1 year minimum for 2nd Offense
In addition, separate and apart from all of the above, the DMV is also attempting to suspend your license. To prevent this, a hearing must be requested within 10 days of your arrest. Or alternately, we will assist you by obtaining a hardship license, if eligible, so you can drive to work.
DUI Sobriety Tests
The HGN Test is the most unreliable DUI sobriety test.
Instrument must be maintained on a monthly basis.
An abnormal test to determine your normal faculties.
A physical test that sober people cannot perform.
People have a natural 3 inch sway without drinking.
Touch a different part of your nose and you have failed.